Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday: Inspiring Spaces by Laura Baker

Have you ever read Renovation Style? It's a Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Magazine, and I'm not quite sure how I got on the mailing list - but I'm glad I did because it introduced me to the charming Victorian cottage of Interior Designer, Laura Baker.

Together with Lisa Mykleby and Muffin Tullos, Laura has a beautiful home interiors store in South Carolina called M Home & Garden & Interiors which offers an array of home and garden items, as well as boutique interior design service to a range of budgets and needs. Their beautiful website has shots of their stores in Historic Downtown Beaufort, and Habersham, as well as photos of recent interior design work.

When I got to the first interior shot of Laura's charming 1475 square foot cottage, I fell in love. The custom wall cabinet by Peter Gamble in it's rough hewn consistency and acid etched mirror panels was all I needed to see to know that Laura and I would have a similar love for the juxtapose of rough and refined. Paired with a beautiful flamed mahogany console, flanked by antique chairs and weighted by a KWIT oval ottoman it has officially become my number one photo in a book of inspiring vignettes.

I hope you find her home and the store's website as wonderfully inspiring as I have. Without further ado: Laura Baker:





7 comments:

  1. Laura's home is just stunning! I'lI have to look for the magazine or stop in her shop sometime when I am down that way. Beaufort is a beautiful town. I am in love with the gorgeous kitchen and dining room, The light fixture is beautiful.

    Thanks, Artie!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely...when are you going to tell us about the gold painting from a few posts ago?

    Tomorrow I will post 7 fascinating, riveting, intriguing facts about me - -ok, it might not be that exciting, but I will give it a shot - thanks again for the "shout out"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from All About Vignettes. I remember you from The Nate Show... you were fab!!
    So happy to find you :)
    I'll be back often.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read Renovation Style all the time - not sure why I stopped. I love this home! I am such a color person that I typically would not be attracted to this, but she has used such gorgeous pieces with different shapes, finishes,fabrics, mix of textures - it is all just beautiful. I want that kitchen - every detail is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete