Thursday, January 3, 2019

Best of the Best

Alright, so you already know that my favorite winter candle is the Votivo Icy Blue Pine, and that I have been (until now) using the Capri Blue Volcano candle as my sort of "all the time" scent. 


For those of you who don't know, this is the signature scent for all Anthropologie stores, so if you've ever walked by or into an Anthropologie and wondered what that intoxicating citrus based scent was - there you have it. Much cheaper through Amazon above than at the Anthropologie stores, FYI. 

BUT, I recently lucked upon an old box filled with things I had not wanted to deal with from my past. My 2019 resolution was to simplify my life, so I've been working box by box in my storage unit trying to get rid of things I don't have any use for these days. 

In this old, dusty box, filled with pictures, a yearbook that is now 19-years old, and a bunch of other momentos, was a candle. A 19-year old candle. Can you believe it? 



When I lived in Texas Circle E Candles, hand poured in Fredericksburg, were my ABSOLUTE favorite candles. In particular, I loved the Bird of Paradise fragrance. It's a sweet, sort of intoxicating smell that is hard to describe. Imagine if you were walking into a bakery where they had just made the most amazing berry tarts and strawberry shortcake, this ... this smells even better than that.

Over the years away from Texas and any stores that sell the brand, I had forgotten all about it. But when I lifted the lid on that square glass jar my heart and nose were flooded with beautiful memories. 

I couldn't believe that after all that time the candle still smelled so good! I figured it wouldn't burn, but I tried it - and YES! It did! And it smelled so fragrant, and so beautiful, and so rich. These candles are incredibly and richly scented. Best of the Best, no doubt! But a candle that smells as wonderful as the day it was poured more than 19-years later!?

If you love candles, check it out. You WILL NOT be disappointed. 

3 comments:

  1. You didn't mention the base scent in the Birds of Paradise candle?! It's got such a funky name, that it needs descriptive parameters to entice a buyer! And even the link to purchasing it on Amazon, didn't describe the elements of the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog.Really thank you! Cool.Fantastic post.Much thanks again. Cool.I really appreciate this blog.Thanks Again. Hold writing.Wow, great article. Fantastic.This is one awesome website article.Much thanks again. friv2020 || kizi ||abcya4 free games

    ReplyDelete