Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TUESDAY: Inspiring Spaces at the International Philadelphia Flower Show

So, I have to say, I was impressed that some of you knew where I was going with the teaser post from yesterday! For those of you who missed it, Scott and I took a trip to the Philadelphia Flower Show on Sunday. A trip that came on the wings of a late night insomnia television watching binge. Allow me to clarify: I sometimes have a hard time controlling all the projects I have going on in my head, and thus find myself watching mindless television at 3am. Thursday, QVC was selling Cottage Farm plants, and they (being in Philadelphia) mentioned the flower show ... showing pictures. I immediately said to myself, "Self ..." (cause that's what I call myself when I talk to myself) "Self, look that up and see if it's still going on!" So, Friday, I asked Scott if he was up for the trip, and one 7-hour drive later, we were enjoying what proved to be some of the most inspirational spaces I've ever seen!

The theme: Springtime in Paris, and it was truly magical. Enjoy!


When you walked into the Philadelphia Conference Center, you were immediately captivated by a 30 foot tall Eiffel Tower base, beautifully lit, and completely landscaped with salvia, tulips, daffodils, cherry trees in full blossom, delphiniums and a ton of other plants that I won't pretend to know the name of. It was like spring time in Paris ... with a bit of what I'm calling couture quirk! Did you see the bird made from dried flowers? Scroll up 2, and say it with me ... AWWWW!

This Parisian Salon was the hit of the show, and I'm pretty sure it won just about every award that you can win as an exhibitor at the PFS! Named: Le Salon Des Fleurs this was the proud display of Jamie Rothstein Distinctive Floral Designs, Inc. For more gorgeous photos of their work, check out their website: http://www.jamierothstein.com/

Can you image the amount of work that goes into creating this? This was our first trip to the PFS, but I guarantee you it will be a yearly trip!



What a beautiful take on the Tour d'France? I was in love with this ... you know me and all my layering, right? All I need to know is ... where can I get a bicycle with a zinc basket filled with lavender? Divine!

I mean, if you're going to go woodsy, go all the way right? Now, I am working with the Lewiston Historical Society again this summer for a Tour of Kitchens and I hoped to find some inspiration for tablescapes. Voila:

Stunning right? Inspiration really was in grand supply. I added close to a 100 things to my summer to do list, one of which adding a built in bench to the back wall of our pergola/patio after seeing this amazing set:








Oh, and count numbers 2 and 3 on the list: the dining utensil wind chime and the succulent roofed birdhouse. So creative!

And though I have 100 more pictures to share, this daylight savings time paired with a 15 hour road trip we made in ONE DAY, has me finally seeking sleep. So, I'll leave you with the beautiful art photography I took at the orchid displays (let me know what you think!)

Look forward to more pictures a little later, and a fun post coming up on the 16th that I think you're all going to really LOVE! Have a great Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Simply amazing! What gorgeous photos! The woodsy table is stunning. I can't wait to see more photos from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! So beautiful! Reminds me of the Pasadena Rose parade I've been going to since a kid. Glad you had a fun time on your spontaneous little "long" trip :-)
    Oh and there is a package finally in it's way to you(well it will be tomorrow)...sorry it took so long ;-)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, it must have been so much work!! I love the Lavende.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PFS is always a beautiful trip and this year's Springtime in Paris was over the top. I simply adored the entire show and so happy you did too!

    Maybe you should schedule a trip to it next year and add on that shop in Chaddsford and a Longwood Gardens tour and a Wintetur (sp?) tour. BTW, Chaddsford has it's infamous Winery.

    Thanks for posting your lovely pix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful pictures. I've never been, but definitely putting it on the calendar for next year. The kitchen tour in Lewistown sounds interesting. hope you blog more about it later. Peggy from PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a stunning display! can NOT believe y'all did it in one day. we once drove 14 hours straight to get to the Scott show from Dallas, but we only did that once- 'bout killed us! So glad that Scott is always up for your wild and crazy ideas (including your painting at 3am;)!!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent a link to someone who also attended the show. Thanks for the beautiful photos and commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT IS THE PURPLE OR HOT PINK FLOWER IN THE WHITE POT. LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE 3-4 FOOT HIGH….? THANKS..CHRIS

    ReplyDelete