Friday, May 25, 2012

Dining with Jack, Union Jack

I'm working on another post right now that I really think you're gonna love seeing, but it inspired me heavily to browse for things that are ordinary, but extraordinary in their interpretation. For example:

Interior Design by: Broosk Saib

I love these tufted dining room chairs upholstered in vintage union jack flag fabric. Not only do they look extremely comfortable, they also provide a pop of color with an instant and easily recognizable modern and trendy pattern that just about everyone is using now-a-days.

Interior Design by: Dan Marty



Chairs sold at Howe London

Gorgeous, right? I'm not sure that the Howe chairs are in my budget, certainly not for 4, but I'm pretty resourceful. I might just have something right up my sleeve, the left one ... the right is reserved for cheeto's and diet pepsi! Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. If you want something like a Howe chair, you could buy one of those Restoration Hardware "deconstructed" chairs and partially upholster it in flag fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artie I love your first image. A very masculine, clubby feel to it with fabulous art!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, but they sure bring back memories which has nothing to do with decor. As a Canadian back in grade school, many - many - many years ago (more like eons), recall having to learn to draw the Union Jack and the significance of its design. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an exciting look, I must admit, not my look but I can see why it would be appealing to many.
    Have a great weekend, Artie.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Dan Marty........ this flag stuff.......is way too trendy for me.......(I'm an old stick-in-the-mud) But where is he? He was in the PDC; now, where can I find him??

    He is a genius!

    ps Restoration Hardware,,,,,,(I have a love-hate) with them.....that stupid "whatever they call it......"half upholstered" they copied Dan. He didn't try to sell it.....he just liked in his house, That is authentic!

    EWWWWW!!!

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quanto buon gusto e originalità, in questo bellissimo blog!
    Ciao:)
    Luci@

    ReplyDelete