Friday, July 6, 2012

Quick Trip: Terrain at Styers

A must-stop shopping experience for us anytime we go to Longwood Gardens is Terrain at Styers. I've blogged about it quite a bit, but with the new camera, I thought why not blog about it even more!


Terrain's parent company is Anthropologie. So it's no wonder that their store displays are among the most beautiful in the retail world. Every time we get to the store there is a new look, a new display, and new goodies to covet. 


Stone planters filled with succulents sit atop an aged gray wood tabletop. I loved the look, so naturally I told Scott that I had to find a place for something like this in our garden. 


If you can't already tell, I'm a fan of the close up macro shots with my new camera. Succulents are pretty hardy here, so I bet just about all of you could make them work in your garden, or on your patio. If you're close to the Terrain store, they're having a 50% off sale on all of the nursery plants right now - so you can get inspiration from the store displays, then get a great deal on the plants to recreate it!



Terrain has a few outdoor rooms, and outdoor tents. One of them had this beautiful summer dining room display set up inside, with a heather gray flannel chair and brightly painted french bistro chairs. I loved the flower cutting sink, with the vignette of tiny terracotta pots on narrow shelves above. If I had a larger yard, you can bet that I'd have to copy this!!


Outside of one of the larger out buildings was this display of wall pockets planted with beautiful trailing annuals in shades of blue and gray. What a great idea for an urban garden where you don't have a lot of room to plant in the ground!! Nothing should stop you from having a beautiful garden - and leave it to the creative crew at Terrain to show us how!


Another potting bench vignette in the indoor nursery, and another covetable and awe worthy vignette to inspire. Just like in the Anthropologie stores, Terrain has antique and vintage furniture pieces worked into the vignettes of new and collected items for sale. In fact, Terrain could very well have more of these pieces as the space of their Glen Mills store is considerably larger than any of the Anthropologie stores I've been to. 


Wreaths of dried lavender sit near lavender scented candles. There are a lot of zinc wrapped tables at Terrain, and all of them are filled with lovely vignettes like this one. 


Inside they have beautiful furniture pieces, lighting, and even prettier vignettes. All the walls of the first space you enter at Terrain are clad in antique gray barn wood, and the ceilings are treated in rusted corrugated tin. Barn lights add to the ambiance ... but the real beauty comes from the juxtaposition of the rough shell filled with all of the beautiful and luxurious goods inside. 


So, here's where I leave you, hopefully inspired ... I know that I am; wishing I had a store right now!! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love it when you visit this area... Chadds Ford for antiquing, Longwood for flora and now, Styer's for all THIS!

    I haven't stopped there in a long, long time and now that you have posted these... I think I am heading there right after work today (or at least early tomrrow with highs in the triple digits predicted!)

    All I can say is WOW and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish WE had one of those stores!!! We have a few similar to the feel that are mom and pops..have to really give them credit for what they do have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great inspiration! I love all the vignettes and displays (you know that's my love). Ive been so busy at the shop so good to catch up on your travels and discoveries.

    xoxoxo
    MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Terrain yet this year, well since EARLY Spring. I did stop then and got a few goodies:) It IS a beautiful place. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to visiting Terrain at some point. We have a similar place here in the UK called Petersham Nurseries which is one of my favourite summer haunts to go to relax, eat and bring home lots of goodies.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artie I had no idea. I have an Anthro right up the street; no Terrain here yet though. You are doing great with your camera!

    Look forward to the cross bottle pics..

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful tour oh my gosh! I LOVE the exterior of the place, especially the hanging flowers off from the wall...how do they do that? I'd love to that to my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally inspired Artie! So glad you brought your new camera to capture this lovely store. Would love to visit Terrain someday! ~Delores

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ABUNDANTLY Inspired now, Thanks for Sharing this Fab Shop! I Love places like this... and have now added some of these gorgeous Images you captured to my Inspiration Board Favs!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete