Friday, October 17, 2014

Space to Fill - Vol 3. Issue 2

Blogs are not diaries, that I am completely aware of. However, I wonder at what point you have to allow yourself to vent a little to be human, and then where exactly the cut off point is so that you don't pontificate and let your negativity seep into the days of those who share their time with you.

I'm having a struggle with a group I've joined, and while I'm 100% positive that after the term is finished in December I will no longer be with the group, I am fighting my inner urge to quit now. I am a stick-to-it kinda guy, and I honor my commitments, but that negativity I wrote about above, has unfortunately seeped into other areas of my life and I think cutting ties might be the only way to save my otherwise positive outlook.

So, I guess that's a good cut off point, right? And in the spirit of brightening up days, which I certainly need right now, here are some gorgeous images of inspiring spaces that make me smile, in particular the Atlanta Showhouse room designed by Barbara Westbrook, and a lovely living room designed by Larry Hooke, both of which feature beautiful wallpaper murals.

Have a great day!
 
 
 
 

  




 
All images via Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Hi, love Nate. Always so classe style.
    Keep on the good work, I follow this color i si de the Line always. I do love intérioriser design and am. Ot too bad myself....if I may say so,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surround yourself with all that brings you joy...especially, people. I'd advise you to not waste another moment staying in a group that drags you down, and besides, it's unhealthy for you to be miserable. Speaking of bringing joy--you brought it with this latest post. Those muraled rooms are mesmerizing. You put a lot of heart and effort into your blog,,,,it shows...and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for bringing me JOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling with a similar dilemma. The group I currently belong to is destroying my self-confidence and dragging me down.

    The images you posted today are breathtaking. I actually gasped when I saw the first few. Thank you for these. And good luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say make a break for it Artie and not waste another day on anything that makes you feel that bad.
    xo
    Mimi

    PS And fabulous inspiration images

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is too short to waste it with negative people. That said, what amazing images these are!! I love all the layers and rich color, and it's great to see it when so much of current images are stark and bright. Have a great week, Artie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful inspiration.....you always find the best stuff!
    I still need to drag my riding boots out.....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete