Friday, January 30, 2015

Thank you ... and onward to New Beginnings

I wanted to spend a little time today to thank each and every one of you who either left a comment here on the blog, or who emailed me personally with your heartfelt sympathy regarding my dear, sweet Abby.
 
It's so comforting, and heartwarming to know that there are such wonderfully caring people in the world! I want you all to know that your words of encouragement, and the stories that you've shared about your own four-legged friends, both living and watching over you, have made this experience easier to handle.
 
I appreciate you all, and I am grateful for your friendship and thoughtfulness during this time.
 
THANK YOU.
 
 Many of you have probably discerned from my recent posts that I am no longer living at CDLV. After nearly nine years, Scott and I have mutually agreed that it was best to continue our relationship as friends.
 
I learned a lot about myself, my skill, my talent working in the rooms of CDLV. But I always felt like there were boundaries I couldn't push, guidelines I had to follow, a box that couldn't be a shade of gray, it had to be either black or white. It was a combination of things, but mostly due to the constraints of the space. With it's orange-hued woodwork, and dark rooms - the house couldn't be the fun and vibrant space that I really wanted it to be. And while it always felt soulful, it also felt old. (Not the good old, either!)
 
My new space is coming together. It's a transitional space that I plan on sharing soon.
 
I haven't yet decided if I should do that here, within the framework of this blog, Color Outside the Lines, which had been solely devoted to CDLV, or in a new blog, with a different name and a different look. At any rate, while I decide on those things and work on this new space - I hope you'll continue to follow along, enjoying the inspiration, until the time comes that I feel it's right to open up the doors and let you all in, be it here, or in a whole new setting.
 
Now, in an effort to move forward, let's get back to what this blog is all about, shall we? Beautiful and inspiring spaces!
 
 
Today, instead of lots of pictures from different spaces, I wanted to share with you one space that I recently rediscovered and totally fell in love with all over again. I used to crave spaces like this, but being the realist that I am, never saved the pictures because I never thought that they'd be an option for me. Now, they are ... and so, I give you the Austin home, of Shabby Slips owner, Renea Abbott and husband Greg Manteris as featured in the Houston Chronicle, her site, Papercity Magazine online, photographer Jordan Polevoy, and pinterest by way of blogland's Cote de Texas, and others. Enjoy!
 






 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 






 
 
 
 
 




 
 



14 comments:

  1. Be still my heart!!!! What gorgeous a gorgeous home she has!
    Where are the matches? LOL!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artie, I love your blog and hope you keep it as "color outside the lines" ... I wish you all the very best in your "transition" and am looking forward to seeing your new space. As for the photos in this post! SWOON! So beautiful... someday... i'm gonna have some marble in my baths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artie, you are color outside the lines so I hope you don't change it. Change can be hard but in the end just remember the path you chose is leading to the destination you're supposed to be. It may be a bumpy path at times but you will prevail. XXOO Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New beginnings for sure. I too vote not to change your blog name. Coloring outside the lines is about forging your own path. You might be entering a new chapter but the mission is still the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New year, new you! I agree you should keep the name because it is you and I love what the name represents as well. So sorry to hear about your beloved Abby and the transition in your relationship..even if it is mutual, it's still difficult. Good luck to you sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the vote not to change your blog name. My sentiments are the same as Steve's on that regard - could not say with any more clarity.
    Wonderful photos love the animal prints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do NOT change your blog name or location. Grow with it. I changed and it was the biggest mistake! Good luck with the new place, the new path. Change is good, and we can always count on it ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete


















  9. Artie,
    I love your blog. Your pictures are stunning! I wish you all the best in your new endeavor. You will survive no matter what you do or where you go. You are an inspiration to all of us. I would not change your blog name, I would let it evolve with you. I have moved so many times and thought I would just give up doing "Sweetladyelaine". I then realized, I am Sweetladyelaine! Just as you are Color Outside the Lines! Love you bunches....
    Blessings My Friend,


    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything will work out as life is an interesting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I 'm so glad you could come across this site ,
    and we hope to establish good relations with you.
    greetings from me ( Seo Milanisti )
    peninggi badan | obat peninggi badan super cepat | obat peninggi badan

    pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan super cepat

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! I can't believe this.I have saved these pics too! This would be a dream house for me.Glad you are doing so well.Cute (and lucky) puppy.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful these decoration Specially some bed room decoration are very blowingly .

    ReplyDelete