Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A New Addition

Some of you might be wondering where in the heck I've been, why the pictures I promised of the rest of the apartment haven't been posted, and what exactly I've been doing with all of my free time since the last post here was, sadly, over a month ago.


Here's the reason why! (Well, not the entire reason, but a big part of it - and how could you possibly be mad at that face!?) The last 6-months have been filled with incredible highs, and remarkable lows. My life has changed in ways that I never expected. I lost my best friend, (Abby the Golden Retriever) and I chose to make a change ending a relationship that I had invested 8.5 years in. It came with a shift in place, things, community, routine; and it forced me to take note of, and to understand the value and the struggle that comes with being, and living, alone.

 
 
When I was working on the main living spaces of the apartment, I didn't recognize how significant my life changes were. I was consumed with making a beautiful home. At the end of the work day, I would shop, or primp, paint, or sew, hang things, rearrange things, designate homes for new finds, old finds, and everything in between. Before I even knew it, it was midnight, and pulling back the sheets on a new bed in a new place just didn't seem so strange.
 
Fast forward 6-months, an apartment mostly finished, and a life that is less focused on tasks at the end of work day, and pulling back the sheets on that same bed, in the same place, is labored and forced to be intentional. The silence, is almost deafening. And while the changes I've made in my life are some of the best and most well planned and thought out I've ever accomplished, the idea of living alone was far more fantastical than the practice.

 
I knew it was time to introduce someone into my life, more animated than Leo. So, I made the decision to invest in a friend. I knew that getting a dog would be on my list of things to do. I did not expect, however, to make a home for one here. Primarily, because it meant a move, and the slow-motion, often disastrous act of moving, no matter where you're going, is never fun.



So, once I knew this little fella was destined to be my new partner in crime, I put all apartment changes and finishes on hold, until I find a new place to call home. Once I have a better handle on what that means - whether it be continuing on here with necessary changes - or moving to a different place ... I'll get you all filled in on the décor. That is, after all, the point of a decorating blog, right?

Talk soon!
A

17 comments:

  1. Life is so hard....things never go the way you plan. Your new partner is such a cutie pie....I know he will bring a lot of joy and love to your life :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had some hard decisions. I hope your choices bring you peace and joy. Now about that new little addition - oh, my goodness! What a little doll. Is that a French bulldog? We had a Boston Terrier for 15 years and I know the sweetness of little bulldogs! He is adorable and you look happy. I only wish you the best, sweetie.
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correct ~ that little face is irresistible! Wishing you joy, peace and contentment on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very adorable! You appear happy and totally in love with your precious new love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your new buddy is adorable and should bring you much happiness! Lots of decisions to make, but I am sure you will make the best ones for you - best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you name that little angel?
    Good luck on making wise choices. I can't wait to hear what your next move is. Never a dull moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A match made in heaven. Your face radiates much joy and after all the life changes you've made recently it's a very good beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how adorable! I'm so happy for you, Artie. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you are writing again! I am a pretty new blogger but had followed you since finding you through the great Joni Webb. And oddly enough, when I started writing (and reading blogs) again, I read your piece on the loss of your Golden Retriever which happened to be the day after my eight year old Golden Retriever had a seizure. I thought that was so odd, or coincidental, or something.... anyway, my heart goes out to your loss of your beloved dog, as I know how much mine means to me. But how great that you have a new friend/buddy/companion to love! Nothing like a puppy! And he's adorable....

    Sheila
    www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww. swweeeeetttt. so you are moving again? we never showed this one!!! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Artie ben, my friend; I am so happy for you!!!! He is such a sweet little guy. Best wishes to the both of you. Warm hugs -Brenda-

    P.S: Regardless that it has been four months, I miss my little girl (Molly) but because of my age I don't feel it would be fair to get another dog so thankfully I have a Grand-dogger (a year old white Lab) whom I focus on, who is lovable but totally 'wired' ... ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your excused! That's too precious of a pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...blessings...wherever you may find home...laney

    ReplyDelete