Thursday, October 8, 2015

Floating Canopy

So, as most of you are aware, I am shamelessly copying, failing miserably at recreating, was inspired by a beautiful bedroom that had what I'm calling, a floating canopy. I'm calling it a floating canopy because the canopy is attached to the ceiling, rather than being a part of a freestanding piece of furniture. In this particular case, the canopy is hanging from the ceiling from hooks and chains, but this varies in some of the pictures I've gathered for inspiration.

I have decided to hang my canopy from chains, just like the inspiration room, but finding suitable curtains has proven problematic. Have no fear, though. I am determined to finish this canopy THIS WEEKEND! So, bring on the inspiration and the perspiration, because we're getting busy. I say we, but clearly I mean I, since I'll be doing this alone! You're with me in spirit though, I know!

Here we go! Enjoy, and see you Tuesday ... with what I hope to be a partial reveal!
 
 
 


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Photos via Pinterest, Mark D. Sikes
 


11 comments:

  1. I love canopies but unfortunately I don't have a room big enough. I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canopies make a bedroom elegant. I have one and I treasure it. One question: do you match the bed curtains with the window curtains or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the canopys makes it feel like a room with in a room!! Can't wait to see! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed. I hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the "reveal"!!!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Artie, great (bed) post...!
    Love the 1976 Morristown Mansion in May Showhouse by Mario Buatta
    with the blue and cream toiled Vence fabric on bed hangings and headboard
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look forward to the reveal. -Brenda-
    P.S.: Wish I was your neighbour Artieben as I would be toting my sewing machine and serger over to your place and between the two of us, we would have that baby completed in no time .... ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are AWESOME! Can't WAIT to see your finished canopy! I know it will be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these decorations are looking striking . Like these much .

    ReplyDelete