Monday, July 11, 2016

Inspired by Mark D. Sikes and the Southern Living Idea House ...

I'm inspired in lots of ways everyday, but I definitely have my go-to blogs, books, and designer names when I'm searching for inspiration. Lately, since I've been working on the redo of the living room at the apartment, I've been going back to Mark D. Sikes, over and over again. It's no surprise to those of you who read the blog with any regularity that I love his sophisticated Southern California style. But his ability to perfect the camel and cream color palette is incomparable. This time in particular, I am being drawn to a room he just completed in the Southern Living Idea House, with architecture designed by Bill Ingram Architect. Mark did an amazing job, and since I have been looking at every photo I can find of the room between instagram and pinterest, I figured why not file them all here so we can enjoy them together! Let's take a look, shall we?






















And the progress shots: 







I mean, really?! REALLY! Am I right or am I right? Flawless.Of course, in his own Los Angeles home in the Hollywood Hills, Mark has taken on neutrals, stripes, and tone on tone tans, camels, creams, and whites in his guest room/magazine library: 




But this Southern Living Idea House room just steals the show. Those Anatolian rugs, the built-in cabinets, the symmetry, the layers and textures ... color me inspired by all those neutrals! And just an update for those of you looking for unique, one of a kind treasures for your home, you can see what's left from the recent upload of my cross bottles here: 





12 comments:

  1. So gorgeous....I love the daybed with the cute little pooch on it!!! Now where are the matches?!?! *sigh*
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful and timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I can ever go back to any other place, after an experience like this. This place is appropriate in a space that lends so much gravitas to events. The design of lofty spaces is sharp and environment is unbelievably good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sofa are looks gorgeous . Really i'm inspired .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an awesome post . I read this article . Just nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent site. Lots of useful design here. I’m sending it to several buddies ans
    additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you to your sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck !. friv 2020 || kizi Games online || abcya4 games online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyday practice shows that the new model of organizational activity requires the analysis of forms of influence from us.
    http://www.qww.com.ua/306307/vseproremont.com/vseproremont.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Please share more information and I will bookmark to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Thanks for posting this educative writeup. I do appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I read it and I'm very happy with the post. Let's spread good stories like this again.

    ReplyDelete