Thursday, October 20, 2016

Progress Report Part Duex

So, I'm now 90% finished with the floor! HOoooRaAYYyy! This floor has been a test of will, patience, stamina, and grace. I have failed on all accounts, consequently, but my hard-headed and stubborn personality said "FIND A WAY DAMMIT!" so I did.


I know that this picture makes it look like the primer is dripping onto the floor, but it actually isn't. That's dried paint from when we primed the floor! After I finished most of the floor, I went around and taped the edge of the baseboard and painted a coat of primer over the gray floor paint that went down prior to the vinyl plank. One hour, and two skinned knees later, I'm ready to put the wall color over all of it and call that job done! 


I also had to sweep, vacuum, and sponge the walls to get the layers of dust off of them from all of the debris I kicked up when I was cleaning off the old floors. But the good news is, the walls didn't have to be repainted! I started bringing down a few things from the current place last night. Tomorrow is the beginning of the actual move, with all of the furniture being moved on Saturday. 


I have to thank everyone who has commented and sent emails about lighting solutions for the dining room. They've all been great, and you've given me a lot to investigate and think about. I agree with those of you who said moving the box is the primary winner. It's easiest, and keeps the look clean and crisp. Even if I wanted to spend the money though, I'm not sure that the construction of the building would allow for it. I do have someone scheduled to come and look at it on Saturday morning, who can tell me if they think it's possible, and how much it'd be! 

I was able to take some pictures of the space in the afternoon yesterday. Most of my photos are taken when it's dark out because I've been working on the space either late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. 




Hopefully you're getting a good idea of how much larger this place is than the old place, which to it's credit wasn't small - but it never had good flow. Onto some inspiration pics I've found, can you tell what's coming next!? 






Alright, I'm off to figure out how I'm gonna shove 10-days worth of work into 24-hours! Wish me luck! 

5 comments:

  1. This is going to look so sophisticated and chic! I credit you for all the hard work involved but it will be so worth it when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING watching these spaces come together! I've been refreshing the blog everyday anxiously awaiting the new posts. Best of luck with the move tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow that girl with the gorgeous restoration hardware love
    Seat at her table. Love it. The apt looks so great!!!! Can't wait until this weekend. Mazel tov! Hey. You used to be Jewish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So eager to see it all come together....like Connor, above, I check each day for more. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete