Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Confusion and Confessions

Hi friends,

Firstly, no, I'm not shutting down the blog. I'm sorry that the prior post was confusing, really I am! I have no intention of stopping the blog. I am however having to take the ability to comment on posts down for the time being. The farewell was for the comment section of the blog, not to all of you. Trust me, I would have written a much more heart-felt post.

Secondly, I have some confessions to make. I've recently been cheating on interior design with fitness. It's been difficult for me to spend time doing everything well, and right now physical fitness and getting in prime shape is at the top of my extracurricular list. I apologize that I haven't had much to blog about in the way of interior design for a while, but I will do my best to blog about it whenever I feel compelled or incredibly inspired.

I've struggled with whether or not to write about my journey to health. Even though this is a blog written by me, and my life therefore impacts the writing - the topics have always been neutral, and focused on interior design, or inspiration in design. It seems inauthentic (even though very personal) to blog about anything else.

So with the fitness journey a primary front runner on my mind right now - I've unfortunately had little to share with all of you - but I still don't plan on closing the doors of the blog! I'm here, don't worry!

Lastly, I'll admit that I'm incredibly overwhelmed with what's going on with the future. It's a massive step, and it's as scary as it is exciting. I'm still scrambling to put together all of the money necessary to make the move, literally and figuratively, and while I'm close - the target was a big one, and even large strides feel like arrested crawls.

I regret having to sell things when I did, as it left me in a shell that feels unlike me, hopeless and deserted. I've attempted to fill it with a few new things I think will work in the new house, but here it feels disjointed and mismatched. Not a great fit.

You probably have figured out, even if you're the newest of readers, that I am effected by interiors. If I am happy with my space, I'm a happy person. If I'm not - I'm constantly searching for a way to fix it. Unfortunately, after a month of struggling to find a way, I just don't think that I can fix this. Not here. And we've got about 9-months before the move.

So, bear with me. I know it's fun to read posts that are inspiring, and I'm very sorry this one is not. They are coming though! I promise!

Have a great rest of the week!
Artie