Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Book Review: Veere Grenney: A Point of View: On Decorating



Veere Grenney is a master of creating timeless, classic rooms with a decidedly English point of view. An AD100 designer with thirty years of experience in creating jaw dropping rooms, A Point of View is a gorgeous tome of Grenney's decorating work from across the globe.

You're no stranger to the blog, so you already know that I love interior design books. But I am a huge fan of two types of interior design books in particular: those that feature one house from cover to cover; and those that separate the photos in the book by room. Grenney organizes the entire book by room, with a room-by-room decorating philosophy for every space from entrances to kitchens.

Let's take a look at some of the lovely:







All photos copyright David Oliver for Veere Grenney: A Point of View: On Decorating 
published by Rizzoli

A master of balance, Grenney's spaces always have just enough. They seem edited to perfection, streamlined and still glamorous. More than beautiful pictures though, the book is a great read. Informational and entertaining, Grenney shares his own story of coming to know and love design through the struggles of starting his own firm, renovations, and gathering inspiration from iconic interior designers like David Hicks.

I highly encourage interior design lovers and Anglophiles like me to take a closer look at this book, and the comfortably wonderful world of Veere Grenney, where granduer and modesty reside side by side. You won't regret it!

7 comments:

  1. I love Veere Grenney's rooms, Artie. A great review on the book, I'm off to pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I especially love that closet and the library! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bedroom made me weak in the knees the first time I saw it! It still does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now, this is a designer that is new to me - beautiful rooms! Thanks for introducing me to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for introducing me as well to Veere Grenney. I love his eclectic aesthetic, also simplicity. His rooms are not overdone, or cluttered. I'll be popping out to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Veere's designs and purchased the book when it first came out. Love it...plus I love that fact that the cover coordinates with my office...spoken like a true design enthusiast!
    All the best...

    ReplyDelete