Monday, January 7, 2019

My New Decor - Sneak Peek


If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen this image. It's the corner of my dining room now that I've finally decided that it was "finished". There were some big changes in this room decor wise, including a new rug that hugs the walls of the room (you may remember my old rug was pretty small) a new dining room table, a settee, new chairs, and new fabrics for pillows and curtains.

I'll do a post soon with a lot of photos of the space. Unfortunately for me, we are in the depths of winter and getting good light is challenging.

The chintz fabric is from Kim Hoegger Home and you can buy it here. There are so many wonderful fabrics available, but I chose this one from Kim because of the beautiful color play with the many blues and greens and that gorgeous pop of goldenrod. It was this fabric that laid the groundwork for the rest of the fabrics in the room. Lee Jofa linen is on the curtains and the wheat colored pillows you see on the settee.


When I found these lamps I knew that I needed to have them. And with the new living room layout and the big French armoire, I couldn't think of a better place for them than weighing down this little French inspired console table. I draped beads and woven Alpaca belts around the neck of one from my trip to Peru last summer.

Just a little something to whet your appetite. Pop over to Instagram and follow along so you don't miss any new pics!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my God, this is fabulous! I can hardly wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me more about your dining table? I have an antique table that looks remarkably similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about it. It was a great Craiglist find for me. I know that the style is Empire and it's Flame mahogany. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's beautiful. Mine is made of koa, in need of a bit of restoration.

      Delete
  3. OMG! This is just lovely! You are such a tease....please PLEASE do not make us wait 4 months for a big reveal of the entire place. Adore your work, Artie! That mirror in front of that screen: SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Can hardly wait to see more. That screen with the mirror layered on top is gorgeous. I appreciate the way the camelback sofa line mimics the arch top of the mirror, beautiful.

    I've been kicking about the idea of a settee to pair with our dining table. Are you enjoying yours? I've moved our dining armchairs into our living area furniture arrangement, so I'm short two chairs at the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it Andi. It's proven a nice spot to read and lounge while Tyler is making dinner, and it's far more comfortable than a dining room chair. This room is awkwardly shaped, and I like that this provides seating but doesn't require me to lose space in the narrow width of the room to account for a chair pulling in and out. So, I say for me it's the best solution - and I definitely recommend it! :)

      Delete
  5. Great post.It seems to be interesting and gave me lot of information,Thank for sharing it.I am looking forward for new articles.keep it up. friv Games 2020 || kizi games || abcya4 games

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete