Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Look For Less

Recently, I blogged about a beautiful feature on the work of Mark D. Sikes in the March issue of Elle Decor. He and his team recently uploaded more photos of the space, photographed by Amy Neunsinger to his website, here.

After I blogged about the story, I got an email from a long-time reader, maybe the entire life of the blog. She and I have corresponded over posts, design, changes to my home and to hers, and even the sell of her old and eventual purchase of her new home.

She reached out with three photos from Mark on the same house featured in the article, asking if I had any other Amazon links to similar items, but at affordable prices. Since I enjoy this sort of searching, I thought I'd just put them all here for you, too!

I will preface this post with two things: (1) Mark is a rock star, and his rooms are filled with beautiful and quality furnishings and fabrics - replicating it on a budget is tough, but doable; (2) these items are visually similar, but I can not attest to their quality or the manufacturers reputation for reliability and service.









You can find more links from the additional photos that were featured in Elle Decor by visiting the link to the blog post, here. 

You can also check out Mark's book, Beautiful here: 


If you're a fan of these sorts of "The Look for Less" posts, please write to me or leave a comment letting me know! Send along your photos of rooms you love, and I'll do my best to find relevant links to get you on your way to creating a similar look for a lot less money! 


10 comments:

  1. I am enjoying these "look for less" posts! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your over-sized etched glass hurricane candle holder when you share stories of your own home. You've had it styled on a pedestal. I would like something similar...but cost effective! There are lots of CLEAR glass hurricanes out there, but an etched one is a step above. Can you give me any direction on that (no luck searching on my own). I enjoy your "looks for less" posts, and hope you continue to feature them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are also a rock star! Thank you for always sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these "look for less" posts. Thank you.
    It gives us all space to dream a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing the homework for us, I know it can be time consuming to track down designer looks for less. I'd love to see more posts like this. I'm a huge fan of Mark Sikes but an even bigger fan of sourcing great decor for prices I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look for less posts. As far as picking out Amazon or other budget friendly items, I have found that Amazon customers who are “verified” buyers, those who actually purchased the items, provide accurate reviews, at least most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your posts Look for Less! More please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete