Monday, April 27, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend

Well, it was a wonderful weekend on all accounts. The weather was unseasonably warm, the sun gentle and bright, the wind smooth and crisp. It was the perfect weekend.

Saturday, Scott and I helped, along with a few members of our block club, with the Earth Day efforts of the Niagara Beautification Commission and the City of Niagara Falls, NY in their "Clean up Niagara" event. Although picking up trash at 8:30 in the morning isn't my idea of fun, the weather was so nice, and the company was so great - that I toddled along for almost 3-hours before breaking to pick up Scott's anniversary present. Now, I will take pictures of this eventually, but it's still rolled up waiting for the restorer to look at it. Stay tuned for more.

Sunday we went to brunch at our favorite place, the Roycroft Inn, in East Aurora, NY then to the 2009 Buffalo Junior League Showhouse. Great fun. Then we ended up at Pottery Barn, where a $349 lamp was soon to be mine - until I thought, this won't work! Scott was a little disappointed that I didn't get my anniversary gift as he had planned, but in the end, it all worked out for the best. Why?

We're going to Brimfield! That's right, Brimfield/Sturbridge, MA at the Brimfield Antique Show. Over 5,000 vendors pull out their best goods, in what is a weeklong shopping extraveganza. I can't wait to bring you all along for that! So just an update today - pictures and projects scheduled for later in the week!

16 comments:

  1. Wishing you and Scott the happiest of anniversaries!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend!

    Happy Anniversary to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect. I love that sort of weather, and your brunch spot, from what you've told me, sounds like pure heaven!
    I want to go to Brimfield with YOU, come get me, it's only 2 hours with how you drive... hehe
    Happy Anniversary!
    xo ISApiza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artie, That sounds like so much fun. I think Nikki Crumpet (Blah, Blah, Blahg) blogged about that antique show when she first started blogging. That must be really close to her neck of the woods. You two should arrange a bloggy meet and greet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we're with you!
    each with just a carry-on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was going! Sounds like a fun time and a great way to celebrate. Envious, -susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to go to Brimfield. I'm fairly certain that isn't going to happen,though! I am looking forward to what I know will be a great report, Artie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Not only did you have a fun weekend, seems like it was productive too...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun weekend.
    And I am so so jealous, would LOVE!!! to got to Brimfield one day. Like with alot of money and a big truck to bring it all back home in, lol.
    Enjoy, take photos and buy me something, lol, kidding but doesn't hurt to ask, ha!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Brimfield! Jacob and I would love to go - I can't wait to see it through your eyes. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brimfield! Oh joy! It's better than 100 pottery barns. Don't miss the food court at New England Motel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Artie, that sounds like it will be a blast. Please take a lot of photos and send me some, that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy that your weekend was a good one Artie and Mother Nature accommodated your plans.

    Re your proposed excusion to Brimfield; what a great excuse to do some serious shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been there!
    You will love it!
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear you had a relaxing anniversary weekend!?!?
    I went to Brimfield all three shows last year! Yup, I'll be there this May too. I get there early and stay until I can hardly lift one leg in front of the other to get back to the car. I'd do it again the next day if I still had money left. Impossible to see all the dealers in a day, two or a life time. ENJOY!
    G in CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh...anyone who can have fun picking up trash is my kind of friend!

    J-e-a-l-o-u-s of you getting to go to Brimfield. But, you deserve it. You seem like such a awesome person that everybody loves...

    Can't wait to see Scott's gift. I am positive it is going to be yummiliscious.

    ReplyDelete