Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TUESDAY: Inspiring Spaces by Ron Marvin

Hello again friends! I'm sorry the blog was quiet for a few days, but we're back up and running with our normal Tuesday Inspiring Spaces post and this one is a good one. (Aren't they all good though?)
So, remember my Pottery Barn post? I did a little digging to find out who was responsible for those vignettes we can never buy in the catalog and found my way to Mr. Ron Marvin, former visual merchandiser for Williams-Sonoma (the parent company to Pottery Barn and West Elm). Once you take a look at his portfolio, you'll see just how big of an influence his clean and sophisticated styling and fondness for the neutral palette stuck.

Based in New York City, Ron has been featured in a score of magazines, The New York Times, Metropolitan Home and Traditional Home to name a few. You can take a look at his portfolio on his website: http://www.ronmarvin.com/ , but I wanted to share with you the photos from his San Francisco apartment featured in Metropolitan Home. It's always most fun to see pictures of a designer's own home, I think. It's like asking a young child to describe their idea of the perfect playground. Enjoy!



And make sure to come back on Friday when I share with you some of the preliminary photos of change that have been taking place around here. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Artie, I could move right into this house. I love the mix of white and antiques and gorgeous patina. It's simple and homey and looks so incredibly effortless. Super interesting to "see" the guy behind the scenes, that was a clever post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are indeed inspiring. I love the suitcases and the living area with NO heavy window treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful as usual Artie! Very inspiring for sure...xo kelley

    ReplyDelete