Sunday, May 20, 2012

Garden Planning & Design

I'm not sure when or where I got it, but I've been happy to have garden planning & design by Peter McHoy and Tessa Evelegh in my library when I need a little inspiration for the gardens at CDLV.


Not only is it filled with amazing photos of inspiration, it has just as many how-to's, and instructions for plants, patios, fencing, and garden folly's for a yard of any size. The bonus? It's less than $10!! click here! 


One photographer's contributions were particularly beautiful, enjoy the photography of Jonathan Buckley:











This garden in particular belongs to Oxford home owner, Rani Lall, who claims that the garden was inspired by New Delhi tradition. Featured in several garden tours, her garden was also featured in Oxfordshire Life, a regional magazine for the Oxford, UK area, with pictures that are a bit larger by Claire Masset:



What I love about Rani and her design aesthetic for the garden, as explained in the magazine article, is that she views the garden as a "room", an extension of her home, and visa-versa, with beautiful garden views from every window in her home. There's just a shovel full of inspiration here. 

I'm sorry I've been silent the last couple of days. I've not been able to bring myself to sit at the computer, it's been gorgeous here! So go forth and garden!! I'll be back with pics of all my hardwork this weekend sometime this week.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning pics!What a wonderful book of inspiration.Cant wait to see what youve been up to in your garden:)deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images Artie and thank you for sharing. I definitely require some motivation as such since I am just not a Gardner. If I could hire someone to do it for me I would. :) (Give me a paint brush or my sewing machine any day!)
    -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete