Monday, December 10, 2012

Outdoor Fireplaces











All images via Pinterest

I'm still not even sure that an outdoor fireplace could be a reality ... but I love the ambiance of an outdoor fireplace, particularly when there isn't a fireplace inside. Entertaining around the fire, or simply enjoying it yourself is such a luxury - one that I thought I'd have to have custom designed and built. But then ... I found this: 


Pre-cast stone, in that simple, almost French look that I really want for the courtyard. I'm sure this comes in pieces, that are assembled by a contractor. There are add-on options, like this one: 

with an extension on the chimney, giving it even more of a French vibe, don't you think?

7 comments:

  1. Just heart stopping...I want an outdoor fireplace one day and I am keeping this post. The second photo has it all color, size, decor and placement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to keep track of which ones I liked, then realized it was ALL of them! Sigh.... Great collection of outdoor fireplaces... eye candy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be tackling this project and decision this spring. Loved browsing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love, love an outdoor fireplace however Bylaw restrictions in our area prohibit them (and any type of open flame.)
    Thanks Artie for sharing these gorgeous images, as one can always dream about having one.
    -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of having an open area in the middle surrounded by the rest of the house, like the one in no. 2. It’s a nice way of spending time outside, yet still maintaining a sense of privacy as you try to relax. I would probably spend most of my nights there, possibly set up a couch in front of the fireplace and just enjoy the cool night breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly would be nice to have a place to entertain guests or have an open area where you can lounge around at night, and a patio with an outdoor fireplace would definitely fit that bill! But if you don’t have the budget for an outdoor fireplace but already have a patio in need of one, a big enough firepit might just do the trick. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete