Sunday, March 16, 2014

Garden Changes ...

With all the freaky weather we've had here lately - I can't help but think about Spring and Summer, anything but snow, right? Now, when I planned the garden, I originally planned a small round garden visible from right outside the dining room window. When I first planned it there was grass and brick, then just brick, then a fountain, then a garden around the fountain, brick, and pebbles ...


That's how I left it ... and apart from walking in there to water the plants, not a minute of my time in the backyard this past Spring/Summer/Fall was spent in the round garden. Not ONE minute. The garden was planted around the fountain ... mostly low creeping stuff.


But I'm getting a little tired of it - and to be honest, the area is so much shadier with the trees now that they have grown in fully.


See - those trees? They're River Clump Birch trees. I love them - they're gorgeous - and they're a lot bigger than I expected they'd be. So, the round garden has lovely shade all day long, perfect for the sometimes hot days we have here in July and August.


There's still plenty of garden space - so I'm certainly not going to miss the work. Plus there's always pots. So - what do you have planned now, Artie? I'm so glad you asked! I'm digging up the garden around the fountain, and removing that - then covering up all of that with pebbles - giving me a full round patio perfect for a little sitting area:


 
Of course with all of the snow we've had - I've had plenty of time to shop. I love these things from Amazon.com. You can find anything and everything there. The wood bench will help warm up a pebble patio and tie my inside to the outside, and the blue and white is something we all love, right!? 

So that's what I've been up to - just day dreaming trying to get myself out of this winter funk. Thank goodness I have this blog (and all of you) or else I wouldn't have all these reminders of what my yard ACTUALLY looks like when there isn't 2-feet of snow covering it all up! Would love to know what you think of the new plan!

10 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see plants and green at this time of year. I think we are all anxious to get out to our gardens. Your plan sounds lovely. I have new landscaping and can't wait for it to fill in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please visit this and take more information. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog garden makeover brisbane

      Delete
  2. Hi Artie, A small patio is nice but make sure it is not too small or everything will feel squeezed in. I'd put your water feature on the perimeter of the space - always lovely to have the sound of water. Now you have a great shady garden space for hostas (love Blue Mouse Ears, Great Expectations, Blue Halcyon, etc) and heucheras and bergenias go well with hostas. Looking forward to the new pictures. Looking forward to warm weather more ;-). Best, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Artie, I think your yard looks amazing as is! How lovely to see something green and lush in these images instead of the snow that is still haunting my yard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you keeping Earl? Personally, I don't think the garden would be the same without him. ☺ -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content.
    Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.To get new information visit here
    garden makeover brisbane
    garden makeovers brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.
    To get new information visit here,
    garden makeover brisbane,
    commercial landscaping brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again Pressure Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  8. exterior high Pressure Cleaning Brisbane using safe technology. You need to have driveways, gutters and a host of other exterior home ad office assets periodically completely cleaned, this is an insurance against de-valuation of your home. We are based in south Brisbane and travel across the city for residential and commercial clients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice garden . Looking amazing . So thanks guy.

    ReplyDelete