Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Remember This Guy?

A while back, I did a post on a designer that was as attractive as his work, John Jacob Zwiegelaar. His South African design company, John Jacob Interiors, has an impressive portfolio of work, most of which has been shared all over the internet, on blogs and pinterest.

 
I mean - really? REALLY! His designs are just as gorgeous, with a body of work that spans several years you can see how John grew into the designer that he is today. The press seemed to be a little quiet state side about John the last couple of years, but he recently uploaded a new project that is absolutely stunning, and I wanted to share that with you here.
 
 
The house was featured in Conde Nast's House & Garden South Africa, in May of 2015, and is situated in the Cape Town, South Africa suburb of Constantia. Famed for its wine, Constantia sits in a valley at the foot of the Constantiaberg mountain. Enjoy!
 













14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on John Jacob. I have always found his work absolutely fabulous. This latest project is no exception. I would be happy in any one of these rooms. Did you ever see the kitchen he did covered in antique glass? Amazing.
    Best, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. He bears a striking resemblance to Tom Brady, also stunning lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G !!!!! This is exquisite! I love everything I see. ALL of the mirrors make me gasp! I don't have enough adjectives to express. Thank you for sharing. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Wow! My son has just moved to the Cape, I hope he buys a house like this! Wonderful post, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very familiar with his work but not with this project. Such a talent thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best interior design achievement I've seen in a very long time!

    Always,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best interior design achievement I've seen in a very long time!

    Always,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best interior design achievement I've seen in a very long time!

    Always,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spanking your decoration . Very attractive to see these .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this space! Does anyone know whether John has used Delftware or Willow Pattern. I'm very green in interior design so some feedback would be great for my assignment. I am deconstructing the kitchen for my assignment, an impressive space in Constantia.
    Warmest
    Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such classic design! He uses blue, my favorite color! Wish I could see more of his work.

    ReplyDelete