Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Book Review: Horses


Horses
By Tony Stromberg
Published by teNeues

I love books on interior design, and I love sharing those with you here. But my collection of books doesn't stop there! I also have quite a few books by photographers. These brilliant coffee table books are a staple to the rooms in my home, and I have them scattered everywhere! From on top of and under chairs, to sitting in neat stacks on tables and armoires, even creating tables out of my favorites next to the bed, I just can't get enough! Many of my favorite photography books have been published by teNeues, a publishing house that focuses on books on interior design, art, and photography. I also seem to have a collection of photography books with a singular subject, Horses. 

Horses, just horses - unbridled, no riders, no saddles, no tethers of any kind - it's just something you don't see anymore. Tony Stomberg, equine photographer extraordinaire, is a genius at capturing the unbridled beauty of Horses. Tony's way of photographing these massive beauties, almost in the same way a portrait photographer would agonize over the perfect light and shadow, position and angle of the photo of a dignitary, is nothing short of extraordinary.

I could go on and on, but see for yourself:













The collection of photos here stir every emotion inside of you. These glorious subjects are the teachers and soulmates of a photographer who was struggling with burnout in the 90's after years of working as an advertising photographer. The deep connection that he has built with horses since, is evident in every single photo; and that passion, has catapulted Stromberg to unrivaled fame. 

If you're looking for a great gift to give this Christmas, or if you simply would like to have an inspiring collection of beautiful photos for your own home, look no further. Purchase your copy via the Amazon link below: 

1 comment: