Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Inspired by Miles Redd

So, some of you may have seen in the upper right hand corner of the blog, my instagram snapshot of the bedroom, complete with new bamboo framed Chinoiserie wallpaper panels. If you didn't ... here it is:


It is quite the departure from my bedroom in the last apartment:


I'm still not quite finished with the room, but it is coming together. The biggest change, apart from white walls over black walls, has been the new bed. Gone is the linen upholstered headboard in favor of a simple shaker four poster bed, painted black. The red and white duvet has been replaced with a blue and white duvet, and the lamps and furniture are gone.

I knew that I wanted to dress up the bed with fabric, but also knew that would require raising the canopy. I grew weary of projects and decided to skip it, until, I saw this bedroom by Miles Redd:



I think the room is stunning, but I could never afford that wallpaper, let alone anything else. I had already bought this fabric to treat the bed:


I knew I wanted blue, and I knew that I wanted the headboard and footboard slipcovered. So, I picked up this fabric and that should all be done VERY soon! Last night, after finding inspiration in the Miles Redd bedroom, I text my seamstress Michelle a photo and asked if I had enough fabric to create a canopy similar to the one in the bedroom done by Miles. She said yes, so I said do it!

I still have to figure out I'm going to raise the canopy on the bed about 13", because right now it is FAR too low. After that, I have to find a coordinating fabric for draping behind the bed and new bedside tables since this bed is MUCH taller than my last.

I'm off to find solutions! Wish me luck! 

6 comments:

  1. Those curtains look so rich. What are they? Fabric / size ratio to window? Anyhow love it all so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Artie
    Thanks to Joni I now follow your blog. I am wondering if you are being true to your real self from the photos you have show so far on your latest adventure Time will only tell with the finishing touches. I feel you are truly not so minimalist. Best wishes. Lesley from Western Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These interior decoration looks looks gorgeous .

    ReplyDelete