Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Things I Love: PART TWO

I am so glad that so many of you ordered things from Things I Love: Part One, and I really have no doubt you're gonna love them just as much as I do! With Holiday shopping a part of all of our lives right now, I thought I'd draw your attention to some of my favorite gift giving things.

Naturally, I do as much as I can to make a gift incredibly special, and appropriate to fit the person. But, WITHOUT FAIL, every year I get a gift from someone I didn't expect to get a gift from and I tend toward these go-to items for those moments, and for my friends who are chronically difficult to buy for.

1. House Beautiful's The Home Book. If you've never picked up a copy, I really suggest you do. Because it was printed a few years ago, it is insanely inexpensive, and it makes a wonderful gift for your friends who are constantly changing things in their home - or asking you for design advice. The book breaks down room after room, giving organization, paint color, and furniture layout tips. It even tackles lighting, drapery, fabric pairings, and more. All relevant today as much as it was when it was first printed. Definitely worth the $16!





2. Morrocan Straw Market Shoulder Tote. We all are trying to be more green, and conscious of the environment that we're living in, and that we are leaving for those who come after us. This is my GO TO bag for grocery shopping, and I can't tell you how many people ask me at Trader Joes where I got it. I should probably print out this blog and stick a few pages in the bag to hand out! Remarkably versatile, and beautiful, and big enough to hold a week's worth of my groceries. I've gifted several of these, tying a bit of fresh greens and berries to the handle with twine, and filling it with a couple of bottles of my friends' favorite wine. They love them too! 




3. Magazine Subscriptions. Nearly everyone I know loves a good interior design magazine. And when they come on time each month, it's like giving them a gift over and over and over again. When you order them through Amazon, they're SO CHEAP! Take a look at these favorites: 




4. Solid Brass Bamboo Pens. You might end up keeping these for yourself, so go ahead and order 2 or 3 sets! These are really beautiful pens, and they make perfect gifts. I like to tie these around personalized stationary, which you can also find on Amazon, with a little silk ribbon and a sprig of fresh greens. It's details that really count, and for the friends you think have everything - I bet they don't have this!




5. Tile Mate Key Finder. I love this, and you can not tell me you don't know someone (maybe it's you) that's losing their keys every time they turn around! I bought this for myself a few months ago, after having a day where I tore the house apart looking for keys that I had inadvertently left in the car! It works like a dream, and I highly recommend it ... maybe a stocking stuffer for yourself! I won't tell!



6. Wireless Shower Speaker. I stayed at an AirBNB in Philadelphia that had one of these in the shower and I ordered one for myself before I got home! Before I bought this little speaker I used to leave my phone on the bathroom sink, and strain to hear the music each morning while I showered. There's no doubt that music can be an uplifting way to start the day, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could bring the sound a little closer to the water! Well, with this powerful little guy you can! It even has suction cups, so you can adhere it right to the tile. Mine stays charged with one full charging for about 6 days, so charge it up on the weekend, and all week long you'll have a little groove going every morning when you step in for a scrub down.



This is a little off topic, but still a GREAT Christmas gift, the Pentatonix "That's Christmas to Me" album is definitely a must have for those Christmas gatherings. 


You can also listen to the whole thing if you're a member of Amazon Music Unlimited! Here's a link to a FREE 30-Day Trial: 




There you have it folks. A few of my favorite things which I rave about to all of my friends, and seemingly am constantly giving in person referrals for. All very inexpensive, both useful and beautiful! Hope this helps a bit with your personal shopping for all those on your list ... and maybe even a few gifts for yourself!

1 comment: