Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sneak Peek


If you're following me on Instagram, you've already seen this. But - for those of you who aren't on instagram - and for those of you who follow so many people things get lost in the shuffle, I present to you a sneak peek at the new decor of my living room.

I know you've been wondering what the heck was going on over here and so I figure it was probably best to polish things up a bit and get a sneak peek photo for y'all to take in until I get it all pulled together.

One thing I learned living in a space that is about 830 square feet (BTW: That's smaller than some of these other blogger's bedrooms) is that every room needs to have function. I fought against that for a long time, deciding I needed to have pretty photos for the blog and instagram, and leaving more than 1/2 of the VERY SMALL apartment unused most of the time, although inspiring.

So with a new goal in mind - having functional and beautiful spaces - I switched it up. I'm still not finished, but in this view you can take in what has probably become my favorite piece of furniture, a Scandinavian pine cupboard turned television cabinet. It's the PERFECT size to hold nearly all of the design books I kept after paring down, and random TV equipment. Wires from the television are hidden as best as possible with beautiful coffee table books and a bowl I bought in Lima, Peru filled with moss.

Another of my trinkets in the background, a 200 POUND concrete urn, with the most beautiful patina holds a dracena tree that I've yet to kill over that last 3-years, potted with fresh moss I collected from around trees in our neighborhood.

The space will feature slipcovered furniture mostly due to the ease of washing as we live with two rambunctious pups. The chairs seen here are done in the most glorious shade of gray linen. The same gray, luckily and unplanned, as the cotton roller shades you see on the windows. Curtains are no longer, that space now filled with art and sun-washed turtle shells.

I'm still looking for a large deacons bench for in front of the window, which will have a striped linen cushion, and some gorgeous antique textile pillows.

Wanna shop the look? 


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Getting there ever so slowly! :)

      Delete
    2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I just purchased a turtle she'll from a local shop, trying to decide what to do with it! Love the grouping on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for giving us to express our feeling and thoughts about above information. I think you will keep updating and changing these information time to time if there is need to change.
    best accounting company for small business, international taxation consultant, Ind AS in India , read more , internal auditing assurance consulting india, accountant service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have the same taste when it comes in decorating :)

    website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing blog. I am very happy to read this blog. This decoration and design are very unique and fantastic. Thanks for sharing this blog and good information. Now it's time to avail Locksmith in Leeds for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an incredibly beautiful transformation. I could move right in. This information is so useful for me please keep sharing this type of blogs. Now its time to avail party bus dc for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your interior design E-Services. I appreciate your creativity. All designs are made with hard work and a keen eye. Now it's time to avail Jupiter Florida Airport for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really apricate your beautiful furniture design, your design is very helpful for me because I'm buying will some new furniture. Now it's time to avail Best 10 seat minibus hire in Dartford for more information.

    ReplyDelete