Monday, August 27, 2018

Shifting Directions

You ever think you've got everything all figured out and then all of a sudden something tilts your perspective and you're back to the drawing board?

That's precisely what has happened at the apartment. Just when things were starting to come together a tilt came along: Kim Hoegger's Modena Floral fabric.

Modena Floral Summer Kim Hoegger Home Textiles

From the minute I laid eyes on this fabric, printed on natural linen, I knew that I had to have it!


Here it is, tucked along the edge of the cushions of the wicker chair(s) in the living room, with a beautiful emerald green velvet pillow from Scalamandre. Thank goodness I was able to grab a large sample from my friend, Richard Stone who used the linen at the space he designed for the entrance to the Applachian Antique Show tent for the Dalton Bain Market.


An overlay of the fabric topped a fringed burlap tablecloth from Ballard Designs. I immediately loved the way that this looked with green, blue and white Chinoiserie, and white. Almost instantly, I reached out to Kim, and asked how much of the fabric I could get.

Needless to say, it's on the way - and the beautiful Schumacher pillows in the Miles Redd Bright Pavilion fabric that I JUST had made are not going to work. My shift in direction is your gain, however. If you're interested in buying these beauties - you can below!


The pillows have the fabric on the front and the back of each pillow, and have a beautiful Schumacher twill flat trim with french pleat corners. They measure 24 x 24 finished, and have hidden zippers. Custom made by my work room locally, they are impeccable. Fabric sells for a pretty penny here. You can buy the pair without the inserts for $350.00, and that includes shipping and handling to the Continental United States! No holds, no returns.





3 comments:

  1. Just when things were starting to come together for my master bedroom, a tilt came along: you did a post on Kim Hoegger's Modena Floral fabric. And now I have to have it! It will be perfect with my taffeta drapery fabric, my wicker chair, my painted furniture and my blue and white Chinese garden stool and bowls. Heart be still. Thanks Artie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? I have a feeling this fabric is going to throw a curve ball in lots of designs!

      Delete
  2. I love your new fabric! I totally understand this - I ADORE fabric, and fall in love with almost every new one I see. I recently decided to redecorate my bedroom, and decided to go back to a more feminine, old-fashioned look with a Waverly floral linen blend called Ballad Bouquet in Robin's Egg blue; I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete