Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Book Review: AT HOME Isabel Lopez-Quesada


We all know that I love interior design books, right? Even though I parted with dozens that I had loved for long enough this past spring, I still have a large bookcase filled with the best of the best, my absolute favorites - constant inspiration. I am so pleased to add At Home, the beautiful and sophisticated monograph on the homes of Isabel Lopez-Quesada. 

If you don't happen to know her, Isabel Lopez-Quesada is a very popular Spanish interior designer, with a gloriously unique and beautiful aesthetic, which has sort of defined the new "Contemporary European" look. Passion and obsession fuel her interiors, a mix of antiques and contemporary furniture all with beautiful collections and a mix of antique and ethnic textiles. 

What's even better is that the book is a journey through her own homes in France and Spain, a look into the laboratory of a genius. From the Madrid city house with a gorgeous courtyard to the farmhouse she owns in Biarritz, inspiration abounds. Let's take a look shall we? 











I mean, gorgeous, right!? Page after page of the 200+ page book is filled with gorgeous photography by Miguel Flores-Vianna, a photographer who has been regularly published by Architectural Digest, Milieu, Vogue, and Elle Decor. Not to mention, his own book, Haute Bohemians, has been a runaway best seller and one of my other all-time favorite books!

With the winter creeping up on some of us (not so much me, as I look out the window as I type and watch the snow collect on an already impressive 12 inches covering the ground) there is no better time to invest in some beautiful interior design books! So take a further look, and buy one for yourself via the Amazon link below.


And if you are a fan of the photography, check out my review of Haute Bohemians here. And if you love it, here's a link to buy that one, too!

1 comment: